Sunday, July 24, 2011

Its Hot Out, Yo!

First weekend without cable. It's been...ok. Oh it took me two hours to cancel it. Seriously. I called during my lunch break at work on Thursday (can't cancel online) and the prompt said "hold time may be in excess of 10 minutes." So I thought whatever I'll just do other stuff till someone picks up (I have a headset at work). Well after an hour...my other line rang so I had to hang up.

At&t customer service is only open till 6pm so I had to call while driving home from work. I just set the phone down and put it on speaker until someone picked up...45 minutes later. Good news is I got a free upgrade on my internet. Talk about red tape though.

Anyway this weekend I watched several episodes of Parks and Recreation which is an awesome show. I find that I tend to favor shows that prominently feature a talented supporting cast rather than a show that only focuses on one or two main characters. That being said Greg and I have also recently watched a couple episodes of Arrested Development and I'm just not into it so far. I know all the cool kids loved that show and its now considered a cult classic...but yeah, just not feeling it.

We informed both sets of parents today about our decision to cut out cable and both sets of parents asked how we were going to get news. Apparently they haven't caught on to this "internet" thing yet :) Plus Roku (the box we got that streams Netflix and some other free and subscription based services) has a news channel where you can watch all the cable shows...some are a day behind though.

Ran 14 miles today.10 minute pace so not super fast...but damn I was tired. It was hot out too...even though I started at 6:45am.

I saw my neighbor on a 4 wheeler today. On the street. We do not have dirt roads or lots of land in our neighborhood.

I really want summer to be over with. It's freaking hot out plus I don't have much to look forward to until the fall. Marathon, seeing the fam, birthdays, Ren Fest, Christmas...yeah, summer can move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment