Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Third Party

I get the dissatisfaction with the two party political system.  I really do.  I have several libertarian friends, and they've honestly made me reevaluate my former position that "a third party vote is a wasted vote." I do think people should vote their conscience, and I don't think it's wasted vote to vote third party. But it really pisses me off when they won't shut up about "how there's no difference between Romney and Obama." There's huge differences. Lots of them.

Interestingly enough, all the the people I know who identify as Libertarian are men. Could be a coincidence, or it could be that they're not taking into account the different voting records on issues that are considered "women's issues." I don't really know. Either way, I'm glad they're voting their conscience.  I'm going to vote mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment